Empower Alaska’s youth to build the habit of daily physical activity.
What is 100 Miles in May?
The 100 Miles in May Challenge is a fundraiser for the Healthy Futures program, which works to empower Alaska's youth to build the habit of daily physical activity. It's an excellent opportunity to encourage physical activity among employees, family, or friends, and role model healthy behavior for youth. As participants enter their exercise into a mileage converter, they can track their status on group, category , and statewide leaderboards!
The 100 Miles in May concept was developed by R&M Consultants, Inc.
Who can do the 100 Miles in May Challenge?
The 100 Miles in May Challenge is for the workplace, for solo flyers, or any group of family, friends or classmates wanting to build a fun team!
What are the Cool Prizes?
- The top 5 overall participants (by total miles completed in May) will receive a Healthy Futures Hoodie!
- The top overall contributing team (based on average miles per participant) will receive a scheduled visit from a Healthy Hero athlete, and each participant on that team completing over 100 miles will receive a Healthy Futures athletic T-Shirt!
- Top participating businesses (based on average miles per participant) within each industry will be profiled on the Healthy Futures website and social media.
- Participants from the top, contributing, non-business team with 100 or more miles will also win Healthy Futures t-shirts.
- All participating organizations will be recognized on the Healthy Futures website with organizational logos.
- Healthy Futures will post regular leaderboard updates of all eligible participants*
*Healthy Heroes and non-donating participants not eligible for prizes
How does the Pledge Work?
Teams/participants have three options:
- A team flat rate
- A dollar per mile completed by the team amount
- Team members wishing to make an individual 100 Miles in May pledge may do so on their profile page.