UAA starting their first DNP cohort
Doctor of Nursing Practice program beginning August, 2015 at UAA!
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree has been approved for candidacy process by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (formerly NLNAC) this year. The University of Alaska Anchorage is regionally accredited by the NWCCU. The School of Nursing became one of the professional schools within the University of Alaska in 1976, and the Graduate Nursing Program was implemented in 1981. The DNP is the first doctorate degree offered exclusively through the UAA campus. There are currently two specialty tracks for the DNP degree: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Psych/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMH NP).
Application for the DNP must be made to both the University of Alaska Anchorage and the School of Nursing Graduate Nursing Program. All application materials, including transcripts and letters of recommendation must be received BY APRIL 27, 2015. The program begins in the August, 2015.
Items to be submitted to UAA Enrollment Services (University Center):
- University Graduate Application for Admission to UAA: deadlines for UAA are listed on the application. To apply online go to www.uaa.alaska.edu
- Check or money order for $75 or apply and pay online.
- Official College/University transcripts: Submit transcripts for ALL undergraduate coursework and any graduate coursework completed
Items to be submitted directly to the School of Nursing (HSB 101):
- SON Application to the Graduate Nursing Program and confidential form
- Copy of current Alaska RN licensure (copy of ANP license if applicable)
- Resumè (see attached directions)
- Three letters of recommendation (forms attached) (letters not on the SON form will not be accepted; all letters must be mailed directly to the School by the person writing the recommendation)
- Plan of study approved by nursing advisor must accompany application
You may contact one of the following advisors to discuss your plan of study and the admission criteria:
FNP: Professor Lisa Jackson | 907.786.4590 | firstname.lastname@example.org
PMH NP: Professor Cindy Jones | 907.786.4577 | email@example.com